Resume for Eleanor Holley
Eleanor's Professional Experience
Software Developer, US Railroad Retirement Board
C# developer focused on modernizing the federal approach to data flow.
- currently serving on the ad hoc Azure migration team designing cloud services to securely network with on-prem and cloud services in a FedRAMP High environment.
- introduced Docker containers to solve complex development environment challenges between secure government Windows laptops to AWS Linux servers.
- architected WebLisp Business Rules Engine, a service-oriented rules engine based on LISP including compiler, runtime, and MongoDB persistence running as independent microservices.
- fixed security vulnerabilities and implemented features in the back-end federal benefit web service interfacing between SQL Server and DB2.
Mid-Level Software Developer, State of Indiana
February 2017-February 2019
ASP.NET full-stack developer specializing in all load capacity data for local, state, and federal bridge structures.
- designed databases and data flow between data warehouses, vendor solutions, and various web applications using Oracle PL/SQL.
- wrote BRADIN, the front-end application portal for centralizing all bridge-related information in the state.
- introduced the first REST microservice to the Department of Transportation.
- mentored entry-level developers and served as a technical leader, overseeing developers and contractors on several projects.
- quickly promoted internally from entry-level.
Programming Intern, State of Indiana
June 2015-September 2015, June 2016-September 2016
Wrote full-stack applications with hands-on experience from database design to front-end development. Wrote a customer satisfaction survey creation app (Google forms clone) and ConTAX, an application to manage contacts for local government officials.
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
DePaul University, College of Computing and Digital Media
Mostly Java, Python, and PL/SQL
Microsoft Certified Professional: SQL Server 2016
Eleanor's Open Source Contributions
a data visualization single-page application (SPA) for COVID-19 data in Chicago which works from the same data as the city's data visualization but is a lot faster and more responsively designed.
a minimal unit testing library for the ReScript programming language.
a blog of functional programming tutorials.
Eleanor's main skills
- database development and design (most SQL dialects, MongoDB)
- object-oriented programming (C#, Java, Python, Scala, etc)
- functional programming (ReScript/OCaml, Elm, F#, Scala)
- test-driven development (MSTest, JUnit, red/green refactor)
- various cloud platforms (Azure, Jelastic, AWS)
- build automation and DevOps (AZDO, GitLab)
Get in touch
I write to learn, so I welcome your constructive criticism. Report issues on GitLab.